Wine 0.9 progress

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Aug 29 07:35:53 CDT 2003

On August 28, 2003 06:30 pm, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> Sure, if that is the address you want for the list I can probably put it
> up tomorrow sometime. I just want to be very sure before I start work on
> it.

Well, wine-tests-results at winehq.org is OK AFAICT. Are there better
proposals?

> Not sure how you want to accomplish this, but integrating it into the
> site should not be hard, if the output is generated using the .template
> spec of the lostwages engine. If it need to be more dynamic than that,
> some PHP work will be involved.

No need for PHP -- the page will be static HTML generated externally
through a Perl script I'd guess. We'll have to figure a way of integrating
the above list with such a script. I'm wondering if we don't need a DB
in the middle, something like so:

wine-tests-results --> parser --> DB --> generator --> .template

Something like MySQL should do, but it's a non-trivial setup.
We need to figure out a few things:
  -- how do we trigger the parser based on email comming in
     from the list. Maybe run it as a user, and have things
     done through procmail.
  -- Jeremy, are you OK with setting up a simple database for
     this stuff? If so, we need to figure out a schema.
  -- We need to run the generator either from time to time,
     or when the DB gets updated. Any preference?
  -- Once you have the .template, what does it need to happen
     to have it appear on WineHQ?

--
Dimi.