shlwapi: optimise path functions

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Dec 1 14:33:16 CST 2003

On December 1, 2003 03:26 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> That's not possible, such a simple function cannot take 168us, unless
> you have a 1Mhz CPU... How did you measure it?

I think he measured it across the call:

  start
  CharNextW
  end

but it still doesn't add up. If his measurement is correct, we certainly
have a high (it's an understatement, IIRC a syscall on Linux is on the
order of a few us) call overhead. Maybe a bit of disassembly might help,
but I can't imagine what could have gone wrong in such a trivial of a case.

--
Dimi.