Question about libwine_unicode functions and others in WINE

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 18:50:25 CST 2003

--- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:
> Agreed, I see no need to make our DLLs depend on ntdll. And I don't
> understand why you guys need to change the source for such a trivial
> (and useless) 'optimization'. Even within kernel32 I'd still use
> the Heap*() functions for consistency, no need to confuse people...

Ahhh forget the HeapAlloc stuff. That was my fault. Someone decided in
a very drain-bamaged way to forward all the Heap* calls to the RtlHeap
calls in the spec file rather than in the source so anytime we try to
port Winehq sources for kernel32 that use HeapAlloc I was running in to
problems using it internal.

Thanks
Steven