I found what I believe is a bug in include/wine/prsht.h in ReactOS

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Dec 3 10:22:06 CST 2003

On December 3, 2003 10:57 am, Vizzini wrote:
> We're still working out a plan for sharing headers; unfortunately it's
> not as easy as just using Wine's headers.

I know things are not always as easy as they seem, and I must
apologize for reopening this issue, but there's something I
miss. Namely, we're aiming to be MS compatible, so in theory
it _should_ be as simple as just using Wine's headers.

I am aware we're not there yet, but I think we're doing OK.
Most of the ifdefs in our header files for __WINESRC__ are
to restrict the headers. That is, we simply don't allow some
things to be used in our source. This should be no problem
for you, no? If there are incompatibilities, we are very interested
in fixing. In fact, the Winelib porting effort I started a
year ago is aimed (in part) at finding problems with our headers.

Also, Steven has tried to multiple times to explain that you
guys felt the need to build your own headers because ours are
not perfect. I am sorry to say, this makes no sense to me.
First, as you can see, it's not the case that if you're building
them yourself, they are going to be perfect. Second, you're
duplicating an enormous amount of effort that could be expanded
in helping us fix our headers. Third, it's a lot better to work
off of something (that's not that bad to begin with), then to
roll your own (availability, time-to-market, duplication of effort,
maintenance, to name a few important reasons).

Just for my edification, what would happen to your tree (or what
chances would entail) if you just switched to our headers?

--
Dimi.