wine/ programs/Makefile.in ./configure.ac ./co ...

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 4 12:53:15 CST 2003

On December 4, 2003 11:47 am, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> First of all, thank you very much for adapting and putting
> this into the tree!  Losing some of the automation is not a
> problem as we seldom have new modules to test.

Indeed, it looks very nice.

Now Feri, let's try to integrate your CGI scripts into WineHQ. We will
need Jer's help, but we need to get the results displayed there
(maybe as part of the status page: http://www.winehq.org/site/status)

Once that's done, we need to get someone to build winetest.exe,
post it on SourceForge, and announce it to the test team (maybe
through the wine-tests list we already have?).

Then we have to get as many people to sign up for the test team.
Hopefully we get enough to cover all versions of Windows (in fact,
it's good to get many tests on the same version, it will give us
confidence, since people have different configurations, etc.).

In the future, we may want to automate the manual process. Namely,
we can build a small service/daemon/cronjob for Windows, which
checks every so often (say every 3h) at a fix address if a new
version of winetest.exe is available. If so, downloads it, runs
in non-GUI mode (no MessageBox(), etc.), and submits the result.
This way, if someone wants to contribute as a tester, they only
need to install this little program and be done with it. The rest
happens automatically.

--
Dimi.