System tray integration

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Fri Dec 5 04:50:14 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 21:32, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> That's why it needs to be fixed properly. If you just hide the
> symptoms no one will bother to do the right fix.

Well, there are many areas of Wine where we have code in different
places to Windows, so I don't really agree that this patch is wrong.
But, if you insist, then I guess we need a new program.

I guess it should perform the tasks that explorer.exe would normally
perform in Windows, ie system tray integration (obviously) and progman
groups/menu integration? I'm not really sure how that'd work.

Hmm, two things. Have I missed anything? Maybe the clipboard server
thing could be integrated with it, but modern desktops cache X
selections anyway (or will do soon) so I'm not even sure that's still
needed. Do we really need a new program for only two things?