Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Dec 5 06:04:32 CST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:45:26AM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> * Support for it is bad in the free software toolchain (no longer an
> issue)
> * Not as many people know it as C (but even fewer know assembly and we
> use that all over the place)
> * Windows is written in C (it's also written in c++ though, esp the more
> modern parts).
>
> Have I missed any other problems with it?

Well, the most common concern about it is the continuous ABI changes in the
C++ libraries... Which were promised to be ended with GCC 3.3 but seems
still to shift a bit.

After, is there a way in the 'free' C++ compiler to match COM objects with
C++ objects ?

      Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/