Suggestion - don't require sane and artsc

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Dec 5 16:22:06 CST 2003

Le ven 05/12/2003 à 17:05, Bill Medland a écrit :
> (Having just been caught by this again !!)
>
> It would be nice if in the distributions we dynamically detected libartsc and
> libsane rather than requiring them.  When someone is installing on a small
> computer they will tend to exclude irrelevant packages like scanner and sound
> software when they don't have a scanner or speakers.

Sorry, that's the fault of the dependancy creator in the RPM version
shipped with RH8. The RH9 rpms I do don't have those dependancies.

In fact, here's the output of rpm -q --requires -p
wine-20031118-1rh9winehq.athlon.rpm:
rpm
shadow-utils
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
/bin/sh

Nothing out of the ordinary even for a small RH9 install...

(Can't do the same output for an RH8 rpm right now)

Take note that I basically use the same spec file for all RH versions
(depending on the release, there's sometimes a patch for a specific
issue with one or the other RH versions).

Vincent