small file reorganisation

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 6 14:06:02 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:
>

>>I hope Alexandre will not got mad about the introduced circular dep
>>(kernel32 => (delay) winedos => kernel32). Since, we're now building
>>the DLLs through the .spec files, I assumed, since it no longer
>>impacts the make system, it would be ok.
>

> I don't think that's a good idea, especially since winedos is not a
> standard dll. And IMO it's preferable to have kernel export _lclose16
> which is a standard API, than replacing it by a new DisposeFileHandle
> function that doesn't correspond to anything on Windows.

but we do export FILE_Dup2 from kernel32, which doesn't correspond to
anything either. My patch was also killing that one. Basically,
replacing one krnl386 API, and a wine only API in kernel32, with a wine
only API in winedos (which is our own, so portability of APIs is less an
issue), which I still consider worthwhile.

A+

--
Eric Pouech