Help for OLEAUT32 DLL problem

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Dec 6 14:29:05 CST 2003

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:54:02 -0600, Robert Iver wrote:

> Having a spot of trouble getting this function implemented in Wine so I can
> install a program for my job.  It is basically a VB app that interfaces with
> a MySQL server database.  I have heard that I cannot use a native DLL to do
> the job since it is OLE, so I have been trying to write a stub for it.

Hmm, native OLE works fine :) I'd definately recommend trying that first.

> Unfortunately, this is my first try at developing for Wine and I have
> writer's block.  The function I am trying to implement is
> GetRecordInfoFromGuids.  Could anyone out there write a basic stub for this
> program, so I can implement it and at least have an example to work with????

That function is a convenience wrapper around GetRecordInfoFromTypeInfo,
but we don't implement that either. In fact I'm not sure we support UDTs
at all. Implementing this part of OLE Automation would take a fair bit of
work. I'd try native DCOM first.

thanks -mike