regedit: consistent formatting

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Dec 8 13:52:07 CST 2003

> but this is still not feasible because a lot of people touch the code,
> and even the same person touches it using different editors, from different
> boxes, etc. How are you going to make sure everyone has their editors
> setup just so (if at all possible!)? Face it, there's no way it can
> work, especially in an internet-like setting where you simply can not
> impose such strict environmental constraints on people.

Of course we can : we have a nice quality gate called 'Alexandre' which
commits all the patches. So we just need to, either :

 1) write a tool that checks the source code for correct tabbing and rejects
    the patch if it does not follow THE RULES

 2) or even better, write a re-tabulator which produce source code following
    THE RULES (tool that would be applied to all source code on each
    commit).

So it's certainly possible to have it working :-)

           Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/