regedit: consistent formatting

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Mon Dec 8 23:43:01 CST 2003

Geoff Thorpe wrote:

>On December 8, 2003 03:58 pm, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>Lionel Ulmer wrote:
>>

>>>2) or even better, write a re-tabulator which produce source code
>>>following THE RULES (tool that would be applied to all source code on
>>>each commit).
>>>
>>>So it's certainly possible to have it working :-)
>>>
>>>          Lionel
>>>

>>Not to mention that, a while back, I offered to write a small perl
>>script that will bring all sent patches into a consistent format. I
>>never even heard back from anyone what format this patch can expect to
>>receive and send the mail, nor what the system is running.
>>

>Um, there was a fair bit of discussion as I recall - and Alexandre
>expressed an interest along the way too. For my part, I may have thrown
>too many spanners into the works (having the script customisable for
>individual users to rewrite mails into their preferred layout - eg. Dimi
>doesn't like attachments). However I'm curious that you thought noone was
>interested, because I for one have been very much looking forward to
>seeing how it works out! :-)

On the contrary. I said that, except for Dimi (who doesn't like
attachments), everyone WERE interested. It's just that, in order to
write such a script, I need to know whether I can ask for perl modules
installed on the server, how is my script going to interact with the
mail system, etc. I never got answers to those questions.

>Cheers,
>Geoff

             Shachar

--