Using a windows dll from a winelib or possibly native linux app.

Arthur Bergman abergman at fotango.com
Tue Dec 9 06:58:42 CST 2003

Hi,

I have been trying to develop an application using a vendor provided
dll from an external vendor to work under linux. If we develop the app
on a windows box and move it over to the wine environment it works, but
it would be preferable to have a more native approach. So I tried using
winelib and have progressed to a point where I have an application that
compiles using the vendor supplied header files under gcc, and a
vendor.dll.spec file that describes the DLL. However when I compile
everything, the generated vendor.dll.so file does contain the correct
symbols but they are undefined. Having played around using winemaker
and winedump while trying to read up everything on winelib I am now
stuck and not sure how to proceed forward.

Thanks
Arthur