PATCH for Bugs 1844 and 1845

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 11 12:57:10 CST 2003

On December 11, 2003 01:33 pm, Andreas Rosenberg wrote:
> I sent two patches about a week ago.
>
> The first one: "Bug 1844: Point Size in DLG_TEMPLATE may be negative"
> made it into the CVS (I browsed with: http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb)

That's one way to do it. Another is to follow the wine-cvs list,
which gets an email for every commit. Highly recommended.

> The second "Bug 1845: Return values of CharUpperA and CharLowerA" did not.
> Any reasons to reject this patch? I also wrote an conformance test for this
> problem.

I think you've mentioned that the test fails on Wine currently, IIRC.
If that's the case, we can not include it, as it will break the tests.
You can do one of two things:
  -- fix the problem in the Wine tree (best, but may not be simple)
  -- mark the test as todo_wine {}. This will allow for the test to
     be included, and mark it as a known problem in Wine.

> Did the case mentioned on the WINE web site happen?
>
> "Rejected patches might receive a note in the wine-devel mailing list, and
> accidentally ignored patches will disappear into a silent, featureless
> void. Please resubmit if this happens to your patch."

Yes, I think it did :) I suggest you resubmit the patch, and ask
Alexandre for feedback.

--
Dimi.