comctl32/toolbar: Potential fix for button redraw in TBSTYLE_FLAT toolbars

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 11 16:45:50 CST 2003

On December 11, 2003 04:32 pm, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> I have concluded that the WM_ERASEBKGND is sent from within WM_PAINT when
> the toolbar detects that the mouse has moved off a button and wants to
> de-highlight it.

Well, it probably does a InvalidateRect() call. You can try an ugly
    InvaldateRect(hwnd, 0, TRUE);
but this will probably result in flicker. For added bonus, figure out
the button's rect, and pass it in:

    /* figure out stuff in rect */
    InvalidateRect(hwnd, &rect, TRUE);

BTW, what are the parameters of WM_ERASEBKGND?

--
Dimi.