config: add resources path

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Fri Dec 12 20:06:24 CST 2003

I haven't found where the actual translation happens yet, but the directory itself seems to be retrieved
by SHGetSpecialFolderPath with CSIDL_RESOURCES (which is currently flagged FIXME).
However the current implementation of that function requires some registry info in CSIDL_Data,
but I haven't been able to find any registry settings that affect this value under XP.

Through some digging with strings, I found that shell32.dll has a string "ResourceDir", which I was
hopeing would be the registry value that may be used, but setting that value in all the normal locations in the
registry had no affect whatsoever. I havent found any other promising values to try.

Would it be acceptable to add a special case for SHGetSpecialFolderPath where szDefaultPath is returned
without attempt to retrieve this value from the registry first?