Implement support for many MCIWndClass MCI_ and MCIWNDM_ messages

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon Dec 15 23:44:06 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:

> Cool stuff Dmitry! Now that this stuff is in the tree, would it be
> fair to mark this on the status page as 75% complete?

Do you mean the status of msvideo.dll/msvfw32.dll? If yes, then
75% would be a good enough approximation.

> What's still
> left to do? Eric was saying that we needed (before your patch):
>     - missing extended styles, notification, MCIWNDM_*
>
> I guess you did the MCIWNDM_* stuff, but the notification is
> still a TODO.

There are still many not implemented MCIWNDM_* and MCI_* messages.
They are not needed for my app I'm working on right now, but it
should not be too hard to add support for all of them at some point
since almost all they do is just passiing a request to the driver
using mciSendCommand.

> Is the TODO list still too big to be listed in
> its entirety?

Actually it's not too big and could be just copied from the top
of mciwnd.c.

--
Dmitry.