Input Focus problems with IE

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Dec 17 03:47:57 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 03:15, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> That sounds like a bug either in Window Manager you are using or in
> x11drv code not properly initializing XSetWindowAttributes.event_mask
> (FocusChangeMask). You need further investigate what happens.

Isn't this the same bug that kills us in gaming, ie we create unmanaged
windows for fullscreen and X finds it hard to handle? If so then real
fix would seem to be making fullscreen windows managed (there is a NETWM
protocol for fullscreening something which works very well, but
unfortunately win32 has no equivalent so I guess we'd have to go by
screen co-ords or something equally hackish).