default config file creation

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Wed Dec 17 08:01:01 CST 2003

> If wine-c is stored uncompressed, it's easier for a site admin to modify
> it for all its users.
True, but this shouldn't be necessary. Also any global configuration should be
done via winecfg.
> Also, there are a couple places in Wine which are dependant on how the
> underlying distribution is setup, things like menu entries and such. Not
> every distro ship a vanilla Gnome or KDE (and then there are many
> versions of each).
Sure, after all I ship mime types files and menu entries for the mandrake menu
system in mdk rpms, but I'm reluctant to change the actual application source
code, because the same source should work for all (After all that's why we use
autoconf), so if any changes are needed, they should go in the CVS, and
consequentially end up in all packages

Ivan.