default config file creation

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Dec 17 10:23:32 CST 2003

Trading off configurability with usability seems fine to
me.  I doubt you'd hear much complaining about the default
configuration not being correct and users wanting to edit
it.  In either case if the same can be accomplished
without including the config files in the binary then that
of course is preferrable as long as these files are picked
up by the package maintainers.  The goal is to solve both
the lack of config files for binary installs, fixed by the
patches that Che has in his rpm package and Marcus has for
Suse, and for users that run 'make install' but never
create config files.

Chris