will not compile projects.

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Dec 18 18:51:13 CST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:02:34PM +0000, Elizabeth Kowalsky wrote:
> hello:
>
> I am insterested in poring the Fluke Networks Linkware to Linux.
>
> I get the following when I issue the commands when I am in teh directory
> where I want to port the app from:
>
> [princessangry at localhost system]$ winemaker --lower-uppercase .
> Winemaker 0.5.9
> Copyright 2000 Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> for CodeWeavers
> Scanning the source directories...
> Fixing the source files...
> Generating project files...
>   .
> [princessangry at localhost system]$ ./configure
> --with-wine=/princessangry/.wine
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output... a.out
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
> checking for iswalnum in -lw... no
> checking for gethostbyname... yes
> checking for connect... yes
> checking for gcc strength-reduce bug... no
> checking whether we can build a Linux dll... yes
> checking whether we need to define __i386__... checking for egrep... grep -E
> no
> checking whether we need to define __sparc__... no
> checking whether we need to define __sun__... no
> checking whether we need to define __powerpc__... no
> checking for g++ -fpermissive option... yes
> checking for g++ -fno-for-scope option... yes
> checking for windef.h... configure: error: Could not find the Wine
> headers (windef.h)
>

> I cna not find the windef.h file anywhere!!! Please help!!!
It said "Wine headers", so one would assume that it's in the Wine package,
and indeed it is:
andi at note:/usr/local/src/wine$ find . -name "windef.h"
./include/windef.h
andi at note:/usr/local/src/wine$

Your --with-wine sounds broken, somehow (are you specifying your Wine
.wine/ *configuration* directory here, by chance??).

I guess it should rather point to the Wine source directory or the Wine
source include directory instead.
I.e. something like --with-wine=/usr/local/src/wine or --with-wine=/usr/local/src/wine/include
Also, /princessangry/ is an absolute path (in the root dir), which is
most likely not what you wanted (just as a hint, but it doesn't matter
any more anyway, since you should specify the Wine source directory instead).

Should hopefully work then...

Good luck with the port!

Greetings,

Andreas Mohr