Problems with x11drv_main.c version 1.83

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat Dec 20 09:28:15 CST 2003

Sami Aario wrote:

>>>Hi list,
>>>
>>>Version 1.83 of dlls/x11drv/x11drv_main.c does not work for me. This
>>>

>patch
>

>>>removes
>>>the Display option in the config file, and now I get this error message:
>>>"x11drv: Can't
>>>open display: " (and no display name given). I've had to revert to
>>>

>version
>

>>>1.81.
>>>
>>>Is the display name supposed to be given somewhere else (e.g. the
>>>

>registry)
>

>>>or are
>>>things supposed to happen automagically?
>>>
>>>My system is a debian woody, and XFree86 -version reports 4.1.0.1.
>>>

>>Is it possible that your DISPLAY environment variable is not set? What
>>do you get when you do (in the shell) "echo $DISPLAY"?
>>

>I get an empty string. So DISPLAY is not set... A platform dependent thing?

No, I don't think it is. X applications (and that's what Wine is) get
the display to you from the DISPLAY environment variables. Does other X
applications work for you? Are you running an X server at all? What did
the "display" option in your config file used to say?

Try setting the DISPLAY environment variable to the same value, and see
if that solves your problem. Again, I'm suprised that other X
application do not exhibit the same problem on your setup.

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration & consulting