Easy IE installer script

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Tue Dec 23 17:00:10 CST 2003

> What about people who redistribute those apps in turn?
But they aren't using them in there own app, so they aren't creating a derivate
work. Only the vendor (In the case of the script you) needs a license. In any
case you can't just take the dlls from an app, you must find one that allows you
to distribute them in a derivate product.
> I seriously doubt you have to write every piece of your code in a
> project using MS tools in order to be able to redistribute a DLL. Even
> if the license did say such a preposterous thing, it could certainly be
> ignored.
certainly not, but you must at least partially write it with a M$ tool that
allows you to distribute the dlls, and again I remember reading that you must
develop for windows.
dll-files stays illegal, I think the best option is to use the users windows cd.
Also it will make the install a little bit faster, as it won't have to download
anything.

Ivan.