Winelib Program with DLL problem

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Wed Dec 24 03:42:06 CST 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>"Boaz Harrosh" <boaz at hishome.net> wrote:
>

>>} imports = {
>>  {
>>    /* foo.dll */
>>    "\001\000fnFooC",
>>    "\002\000fnFooSTD",
>>    0,
>></original foo.dll.spec.c>
>>
>>change to :
>>
>><fixed foo.dll.spec.c>
>>    /* foo.dll */
>>    "\001\000fnFooC",
>>    "\002\000_fnFooSTD at 8",
>>    0,
>></fixed foo.dll.spec.c>
>>
>>than compilation and runtime succeeds.
>>So the fault is at winebuild (when doing the Import, since the .def file
>>had it right) . Or is there a switch missing?
>>

>No, that's not a winebuild problem. You have fixed names directly in the
>imports, that means that your dll is broken, i.e. it has decorated (@xx)
>API names in the exports.
>

>>I have at hand the most simple dll compiled by VC6 (+sources) and the
>>winelib app any one wants to have a look?
>>

>Yes, please send it here if it really small, otherwise send it to me directly.
>(Comress with 'bzip -9' before sending).

Well yes they are decorated. This is the way the VC made them. I guess
they are not Decorated only if you use a .DEF file. If you export them
with __declspec(dllexport) they are exported decorated.

I hope 17K is what you mean by small.
All files and Foo.dll are windows files. only fooapp.cpp & Foo.dll.spec
are winelib source files. I did not send Linux makefiles, to keep it small.

Boaz