newbie wine developer question

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Dec 24 03:49:46 CST 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:07:12PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawClipper_Initialize (0x403afce8)->(0x4036cb84,0x00000000),stub!
>
> If you want a big project, implementing the DDraw clipper could be it -
> I don't know much about this component but it's used in some games and
> apps to restrict drawing to the screen.

Well, the day we do real 'direct graphic access' in Wine is the day we will
need a clipper... As we only draw to windows and that the clipping is
already done by X for us, the clipper is mostly stubs and does not need
anything more than that.

The DDraw code is full of FIXMEs that could be changed into TRACEs. So if
the application works, no need to actually check the FIXMEs :-)

      Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/