Winelib Program with DLL problem

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Dec 24 07:50:13 CST 2003

"Kevin Atkinson" <kevina at gnu.org> wrote:

> > Well yes they are decorated. This is the way the VC made them. I guess
> > they are not Decorated only if you use a .DEF file. If you export them
> > with __declspec(dllexport) they are exported decorated.
>
> You are correct.  If I use a .def file WITH the @ decorations that I get
> linker errors.  If I use a .def with just the names they are exported
> without the @, EVEN if they are still declared with dllexport.  Very
> strange.

I'm tempted to say that it's a MS' linker bug. But I'm afraid that there are
lots of applications build that way (using __declspec(dllexport)) and not
a .def file.

You could try to add decorations to the stdapi exports in the .spec file
in order to workaround that. Or even add the decoration twice. You have
to try it actually and look at the generated .spec.c file to see what
happens in reality.

--
Dmitry.