(Was: Frustration) Implementing write support for regedit

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 16:51:41 CST 2003

--- Zimler Attila <hijaszu at hlfslinux.hu> wrote:
> I think I could help with implementing write support in regedit, as I
>
> think nothing special about windows' graphics programming is need to
> know. (Sound's link a task whith I can help as a newbie.)
> Could you assign a subtask of it, and explain it a little?

Hello,
Adding write support to regedit shouldnt be a huge project. Most of
functions for writting to the registry dont differ much from the read
functions anyway so example code is there. I dont think all of the
dialogs for editing in the program are implemented but thats not to
hard to add. Basicly the regedit clone operates 100% the same way as
the Windows regedit but cant write Binary, String or DWORD values in
the GUI mode yet. If you have a *.reg file and pass it to regedit on
the command-line regedit can merge the file.

Thanks
Steven