Winelib Program with DLL problem

Kevin Atkinson kevina at gnu.org
Thu Dec 25 15:02:42 CST 2003

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> "Boaz Harrosh" <boaz at hishome.net> wrote:
>
> > I did, I have tried both your suggestions.
> >
> > What ever you do. any thing after the @ sign gets truncated in the
> > import process and will not
> > Reach the Import table.
> >
> > Note that in any way we need a split. asm(.data section) needs a
> > none-decorated name and the Import table needs a Decorated one. What
> > ever you do to winebuild it will not write two separate names. right?
>
> I don't know what exactly you did try, but here is my results, based
> on your code:
>
> Foo.spec:
>
> @ stdcall fnFooSTD at 8@8(long long) fnFooSTD
> @ cdecl   fnFooC  (long long) fnFooC

That is a heck of a lot of work to link with a DLL that is not compiled
with an exports table.

Furthermore, when I use an exports table (ie compile with /def in VC++)
mingw has problems linking with the DLL.  It could be that I need to pass
in special options.  Simply including the ".lib" file as a link object is
not enough.

It seams rather strange that wine has so much problems linking with a DLL
not compiled with an exports table.  Am I the first one who attempted
this.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org