lParam of WM_CREATE for MDI children

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri Dec 26 11:47:13 CST 2003

"Steven Edwards" <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You may want to take a look at the ReactOS implementation of MDI as we
> have done quite a bit of work on this and shell32 of late to get the
> ReactOS Explorer working. I dont know if Filip or Martin has already
> fixed the MDI bugs but if so we should have something to merge when
> Alexandre gets back.

No offence intended, but I don't see anything useful in the diff:

1. lots of useless #ifdef __REACTOS__/#endif
2. MDICLIENTINFO is allocated twice: in WM_NCCREATE and WM_CREATE.
3. again, as everywhere in the ReactOS I see complete misuse of ansi/unicode
macros vs. real win32 API names. You guys really want to disable use of macros
based on the UNICODE preprocessor define, like it's done in Wine. Otherwise
you will get *a lot* of mess and headache in the long run.

For instance

SetWindowLongPtr(hwnd, 0, (LONG_PTR) ci);

what version A or W of SetWindowLongPtr is intended to be used in this
particular case and in this particular place of the code?

--
Dmitry.