Status ToDo's

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 15:38:39 CST 2003

--- "Gregory M. Turner" <gmturner007 at ameritech.net>
wrote:
> If nonlocal named-pipes over SMB is to go into
> kernel, then it no longer falls
> upon rpcrt4 dev's to invent a solution to
> Samba-vs-wine... I guess this
> burden falls on the shoulders of Juan Lang now?
> What say you, Juan?

Agreed.  I'm not sure how much of an issue the
Samba-vs-wine port thing is anyway.  It prevents you
from acting as a NetBIOS server, which in turn
prevents you from being an RPC server, and also I
imagine would prevent you from implementing RPC
callbacks (and other fun things like DCOM connection
points).  But RPC clients should work without issue
once non-local named pipes work.

--Juan