Wine/Agent freezes with deadkeys

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Fri Dec 26 16:26:27 CST 2003

I' m running KDE 3.1.4 and as keyboard I have the US w/deadkeys activated to
get german umlauts. I noticed frequent freezes in Agent when I typed new
messages and now I know when it happens.

I have to press the ' or " key in order to get accented chracters or Umlaute.
When I press this key Agent freezes, I can see a defunct wine prozess and I
have to kill the wineserver. I haven' t seen anything on the console though.
No errormessage or nothing.

Now I switched to normal US keyboard and, as you can see above, I can use
these characters.

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of