Implement RegFlushKey

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat Dec 27 09:23:10 CST 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:

>This implementation is a little inefficient but without using a random
>access binary db as Windows does (which I am not going to advocate) it's
>the best we can do.

Ok, I'm going to be flamed for this, but I'm going to go ahead and ask.

This is a request to understand, not a suggestion (yet?).
Why not use a general purpose DB system? (postgresql, mysql, whatever)
After all, the registry is just a tree shaped database. We can do that
using standard SQL, and fall back to our current method if a proper DB
is not found.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh