default wine browser

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Dec 27 20:50:57 CST 2003

In trying to install the United Devices application the installer prompts me
to go to a website to get the msi installer.  Wine doesn't have a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\http\shell\open\command key in the
registery.  I was thinking about making a shell script something along the
lines of:

if browserX exists
  browserX $1
else if browserY exists
  browserY $1

I would imagine most people have mozilla installed on their machines and we
can check for konqueror, opera and other browsers.  I've created a simple
'winebrowser' script, placed it in /usr/local/bin manually thus far, set the
value for the above key to 'winebrowser %1' and symlinked /wine/system/
winebrowser.exe to /usr/local/bin/winebrowser.

Sound reasonable?  Comments? ;-)

Chris