Implement RegFlushKey

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sun Dec 28 08:56:03 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 10:25, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> Yeah, but nothing beats editing a registry file with Emacs (which is a joy
> to do when, for example, a damn game refuses to re-install because it
> detects some keys in the registry from its last installation).

Yeah, that's why I said I wasn't going to advocate it. I edit/view the
registry using emacs all the time.

Possibly one solution would be to have a binary cache used for loading
and on shutdown the wineserver dumps it to the text version. On startup
it compares the modification times of the binary and textual versions,
and if the text version is newer (because it was edited by hand) it
replaces the binary cache with it. That'd be a good compromise I think.

Regardless at the moment wine startup time isn't a huge problem,
certainly there are more pressing issues (like the lack of a good
typelib compiler).