Found it!

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sun Dec 28 11:03:12 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 16:28, Robert van Herk wrote:
> I was just thinking: from the wine documentation I figured that every
> global setting could be overwritten with an application specific
> setting, right? This is said - kinda informally - in
> http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/config-file, in the table in
> the section "What does it contain".

No, not every setting (that would not make sense). Some can though, for
instance some x11drv settings and dll overrides.

> But from what I see in your program, I would say that that wouldn't work
> currently with your lay-out, since Applications is just done on 1 tab
> sheet.

Well, the way it works is that you select the app you want to edit and
then change to other tabs. Yes, the UI for this is not the best.

Long term my plan was this:

* Remove usage of the PropertySheet API, and just use a standard win32
tab sheet
* Move the app/global ui into a nice header at the top of the window
that is always visible
* Fix up the instant apply vs explicit apply stuff to be more complete
* Complete all the settings.

App vs global editing *does* work, try changing it to an app specific
entry in the Apps tab then altering desktop mode. You should find you
can scope it to the app.