unknwn.h: unknwn.idl

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Wed Dec 31 11:46:56 CST 2003

ons, 31.12.2003 kl. 15.55 skrev Boaz Harrosh:
> 2) In order for ATL to compile I need below code in my unknwn.h file. I
> could not fined a way to do it with WIDL.
> I have looked in Microsoft (vc6) header/idl and it looks they had the
> same problem. And below code was added by hand.

If Microsoft couldn't solve it in their IDL compiler, I don't think widl
could either, since it's meant to have MIDL-compatible syntax. If MIDL
syntax can't do it, then widl isn't designed to handle it any better. I
guess it might still be possible to design some widl extension to do it,
but that won't be straightforward, and perhaps not a good idea either
(having Wine's IDL files remain MIDL-compatible could be seen as a good
thing).

If you must add a method this way, the only idea I have is to let this
"make idl" thing patch the output of widl. Like, the Wine tree could
contain a .diff file that adds your template thing, and after running
widl, the makefile applies that patch to the generated .h file.