[DDRAW] Fix bug 1246

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Feb 1 03:03:02 CST 2003

> Changelog :
> Add support for 24 bpp to _Blt_ColorFill.
> Fix endianness issue in DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt.

While I agree with the patch, the easiest way would still be to completely
remove support for the evil 24 / 24 screen configuration everywhere in Wine
and only support 24 / 32. For example, in GetSysMetrics we report bpp as 24
(even in 24 / 32 mode) whereas Windows would return 32 and that breaks some
apps (do not remember which though).

And as I do not know of any modern graphic card supporting this (maybe
Matrox because I did not test it), it should not hurt anyone.

The other way would be : if ANYONE here uses (or can use) his card in 24 /
24 mode, please contact me so that I can do experiments on your X display to
detect 24 / 24 from 24 / 32 :-)

                     Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/