RPC marshalling patch -- Future wine conference fund

Tom Wickline twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Mon Feb 3 02:56:57 CST 2003

Jeremy White wrote:
> fwiw,
>
> I'm filing papers (on a personal basis ) in Minnesota to do business
> as 'The Wine Project', and I've opened a personal account with
> the name 'The Wine Project', and I'm a few days away from having
> a Paypal button all ready to go to accept donations.

:)

> You can thank Tom for this; he's the one that harangued me into
> it <grin>.

And who said  being a *pest* never pay's off ;)

> I think I've mostly held up in the past because we didn't
> have anything to spend money on.  However, Tom has pointed out
> that we can use the money to fund travel for a Wineconf 2003,

Yes! Now to be seriouse.. I think a yearly Wineconf is very important
because it brings everyone together for a couple days and the developers
of Wine can *discuss*  future technology's. If you look over the last
six months
you will see that Wine has progressed at a very nice clip. I feel on a
personal
basis this is in part do to Winconf 2002.
  I don't know how the rest of you feel about this .. But I would like
to change the
name of the "Wine party fund" to the "Wine conference fund" the money in
this
fund would go toward travel/accomodations for developers. As there are
at this time
developers who are not employed  by companies that use wine in
commercial applications.

Dimi would be a good example here !!! This guy puts many hours of his
life into *Wine*
And as he has pointed out here on *THIS* list not for a single
dime..............
why not pay him back a little by using some of this money on his travel
or accomodations ?
And this is only one example and im sure there are *many* others as well !!!

I should note that I was not present at Wineconf 2002 but I will be at
2003 at my expence
and I will not ask or take any money from the wine (( conference))  fund.

So I would like to propose a vote to change the "party fund"  to
"conference fund".

Any objections ? If not I will be more than happy to send the patch :)

> and this also sounds like a worthy cause.

We could also spend *some* of the money on docs if it comes down to
it..... And im glad that none of the current "party"
fund money had to go out on this as we stepped up to the cause and
donated out of pocket for this.....

I will still give $50.00 more to the < ?? > = (( conference))  fund
beside to this *DOC* fund anyone care to match me ?

Feedback, comments, flames more than welcome. lets hear them....... As
Tony once told me " why be shy"

Tom