Windows API database / map

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Feb 4 04:14:03 CST 2003

Dave Miller wrote:
> I've begun cross referencing the windows dlls in a 'map' format as Dan
> Kegel suggested.  I'm not finished yet because it seems when I sort
> alphabetically I am sorting the entire path.  Sample output is here:
> http://home.ptd.net/~compsol/winxp_sample_map.html  Be aware though this
> HTML is around 900K.  If anyone has comments or suggestions on how to
> improve it or the next logical step please let me know.

Definitely strip the paths.  (The suffix, too, for anything ending in .dll.)

It would probably be helpful to print out two numbers next to each
line: the number of libs imported directly and indirectly by the named file.
That would give some idea of "distance from the core".
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com