Started playing with Wineserver on mingw/cygwin again

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Feb 5 08:00:27 CST 2003

On February 5, 2003 03:36 am, David Fraser wrote:
> Under cygwin, there is no clone call as far as I can make out ... there is
> pthreads support and there is hackish support for fork.

Do threads in Cygwin's pthreads map one-to-one to Windows threads?

> Can Wine use pthreads to implement its threading?

I'm curious about that myself, Alexandre was saying that we have to do it,
to accommodate the new glibc threading changes. I'd say this is a top issue
since I expect the new glibc to make it's way into distributions fairly
soon (maybe by RedHat 9.0), and which point we'll be in a lot of trouble.
What's the thinking on this, currently?

--
Dimi.