{G|S}etThreadContext question

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 5 13:44:28 CST 2003

> Aha, and trying to do this ptrace call in case 1 (like in my patch) does
> not return the correct CONTEXT?
it will:
1/ return the context (register part) from the exception
2/ recopy the current thread context
which means that it will correct only if the thread hasn't used FPU
operations between the exception and sending the exception to the server

anyway, what I don't like in you patch is that well get FPU status not
linked to the exact exception point

apparently, the REGISTER kludge is needed because Dr (aka REGISTER) have
to be read by ptrace in all cases (exception or not), which is not the
case for the FPU registers

A+

--
Eric Pouech