Converting wine to pthreads

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 6 14:37:48 CST 2003

David Fraser wrote:
> Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>> However, it's not clear to me that's required
>> for developing winethreads-over-pthreads.  People
>> could probably get started on that with their
>> current Linux, even though it's not 100% posix-compliant,
>> and has odd quirks like using a special management thread, etc.
>

> Exactly. Who's going to start it?

According to a recent post, a quick try at basing things
on pthreads is at
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/9376/2001/12/50/7309863/
but I guess there's more to be done.  So the question
is, who's going to be the first to get a "new pthreads"
Linux system up and running to verify the problem and
try out that patch?

(http://kt.zork.net/wine/wn20030131_155.html#2
has a nice summary of recent discussions, but
searching google for wine pthreads yields a few
interesting tidbits, too.)
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel