Started playing with Wineserver on mingw/cygwin again

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 6 16:18:16 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
[...]
> Ok, i've checked Phoebe2 with kernel 2.4.20-2.33 and the
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL workaround and wine seems to work just fine. This
> should give us some time to move to pthreads.

Well, I'm more pessimistic. Unfortunately LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is not a
viable long-term solution. So we need to investigate the new threading
model and make sure it is usable by Wine before things get set in
concrete. I guess this means we need to be done well before RedHat
Phoebe is released.

Debian Unstable has the new glibc too but its release is most likely
quite a bit further away<g>. However I would like this issue to be
resolved by the time the new library hits Debian Testing ;-)

                            -- from some indian guy