Listview problems

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 6 21:47:46 CST 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:
> I've already sent this to Dimi, but... the demo
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/commctrl/vlistvw/default.asp
>
> doesn't work very well with Wine at the moment.
> It demonstrates the LVS_OWNERDATA variant of a listview.
>
> I built it with msvc6.  The default view looks ok, but if you pick
> a different view, the fun starts... "large icons" seem to all
> be drawn on top of each other.

BTW: here's how to build that sample from the commandline without nmake:

rc VListVw.rc
cl VListVw.c VListVw.res user32.lib comctl32.lib

And here's how to build it from the commandline with mingw:

windres -o vlistvw_res.o vlistvw.rc
gcc -D_WIN32_IE=0x300 vlistw.c vlistvw_res.o -mwindows -lcomctl32

You'll need to add the definition
#define LPNMLVCACHEHINT PNMLVCACHEHINT
which is missing from mingw's comctl32.h,
and comment out the reference to LPNMLVFINDITEM,
which is also missing from mingw's comctl32.h,
but isn't really used in this demo.

Thanks, Dimi, for finally getting me to try mingw;
I've been avoiding it out of fear for about eight years.
It's really improved since those early days!
(Golly, a gui installer and everything!)
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com