cvs wine + win2k ole + installshield = unhappy

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Fri Feb 7 14:13:13 CST 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
>
>> Installing IS6 installers is not very hard on Wine. You don't need
>> any windows dlls. You need to have the winedefault.reg file installed
>> and after that you need stdole32.tlb from windows. For the rest no
>> native files are needed.
>

> Does
>   ./tools/wineinstall
> properly install winedefault.reg?
> If so, then it looks like you might be mistaken.  Shall I file a bug
> report?
> - Dan

The short answer is not always. If your wine directory does not sit
below your home directory (actualy is not on a dos drive letter) the the
installation of the default registries fails. (been meaning to file a
bug report about this some time)

There are a number of times that I have noted that our winelib programs
do not work right if they do have a dos path to wine winedbg is one of them.

--

Tony Lambregts