Wine, FreeBSD, and PPC

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Tue Feb 11 04:19:56 CST 2003

Hi all!

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 11:57 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:

>> Can I download the source and
>> build Wine for my system?
>
> I think so. I know it works on Linux/PPC and FreeBSD. Not sure if they
> work together.

Hum... In fact I don't think it really works. I attempt to build wine
on darwin, but there is works need to be done, for example with the
executable format. FreeBSD and Linux use Elf, whereas Mac OS X/Darwin
use mach-o. You should probably have a look here:
http://darwine.sf.net/
There is not much for the moment, but I submitted a patch on the list
to fix issue on the configure/makefile...

An other issue is the tools used. for the moment I am stuck with
windres, a tool I can't get working on our platform, but necessary for
building the dlls. I saw that there was a plan to use wine's wrc
instead of windres is it still in work?

Thanks,

Pierre