How to debug a windows app

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Feb 14 15:30:29 CST 2003

Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:
> I noticed that Agent crashes frequently when sending email. It shows an
> exception which I never saw on Winodws because Agent is rather stable. Now I
> want to take a look at it, but I need to know how I can debug a windows app
> running under wine.

I think the best way is with logfiles created with the
--debugmsg argument to wine.
You can invoke the program under the wine debugger
by starting it with winedbg instead of wine,
but I have not yet gotten much use out of that;
log files are the way to go initially unless you know
for sure the debugger is what you want.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel