[ros-kernel] Weekend Coder Project: WinMM functions

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 18 12:15:55 CST 2003

Steven Edwards wrote:
> Well our WinMM is totally wrong but I dont know how much help the WINE winmm will be as there are
> a LOT of functions it imports that are 9x only. Wines Winmm.dll needs to be rewritten if we are to
> use it properly.
>

> Eric Pouech can you comment?

some time ago I tried to kick out of winmm most of 9x-ism so that it
would be easier to port the DLL to some other OS (read ReactOS)
if you get the files marked as 16bit out of the build you should be fine

the time* function should work out of the box, except you'll sure want
to implement a more precise timing engine (current time* implementation
is based on an internal thread, which of course isn't very accurate)

you'll have also for the rest of winmm to implement the wdmaud.drv which
isn't implemented in wine because of no use (we use in fact .drv to map
to existing audio interfaces: OSS, ALSA, aRts, Jack...)

feel free to ask for more info
A+

--
Eric Pouech