wcmd/wine default window configuration

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 21 13:45:39 CST 2003

J. Grant wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been using wcmd lately, its been really useful to my research.
>
> However, could wcmd default to its "command history" (a la doskey) value
> to something other than zero please? Perhaps 50 would be enough, it
> would not take up much memory for the queue strcture I think.
I'm going to fix that. anyway, you can change it "by hand" for all wcmd
apps.

> I do not know if this is wcmd, but the wcmd context menu uses a serif
> font.  I think in UI design serif is not a good choice... most programs
> use a sans serif one, such as the widget in wcmd->propeties.  Sans serif
> is generally accepted as more appealing in most contexts.
this is wine's default for menus

> It would be great if the wcmd text area was bigger too, current it
> starts as 80x25, however, if I change it to 80x80 in the wcmd prefs
> (then resize the window, as it does not auto adjust)
once again, this works fine here... which wine version are you using?

> and type "dir" the
> same top 80x25 chars are the only ones used to display text.
the current known issues :
- some downsizing of console from the property dialog are wrongly handled
- wcmd doesn't take into account the real console height (but it uses
its width)

A+
--
Eric Pouech