named pipe oddity

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sat Feb 22 16:03:50 CST 2003

Hi Dan,

I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but I'm rewriting the
named pipe code to handle message mode and solve the problem you pointed
out, so if you wait a while, I'll have lots of new code for you...
though it's probably a good idea to fix the current code first so we
have a something that works before I break it again.

To make a thread go to sleep, you pass in an event flag in your request,
then wait on the event flag in the client after the server call returns.

Mike